Sunday, May 5, 2013

Adoption is like...Ice Cream?

I love the way our 6 year old daughter Noelle describes our family-through-adoption...or what it will look like once W comes home. :) 

She says:

Our family is like an ice cream sundae. 
Mommy and Daddy are the scoops of vanilla ice cream on the bottom (they are light skinned).
Me and Selah are the caramel sauce on top (we have tan, caramel colored skin).
And when brother W from Haiti comes home, he will be the fudge topping (his skin is dark like chocolate).
And our two kitties are the colored sprinkles on top.

Noelle, I like the way you think.  All of us put together make up something wonderful, truly special and sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer! I jumped on your page via Shannon's. Haiti caught my eye being as how I have just returned from a week ministering with a friend in Petit Goave. Your journey is exciting, and I will pray for you as God brings you to mind!!
    Bon Dieu bene' ou!
    Miss Bernie

    ReplyDelete

You can join our journey by posting a comment or question. Please join in!