Monday, December 7, 2015

Haiti Visit #3

(oops, I just realized that I never posted details about Haiti Visit #2 back in July when I traveled with a mission team!  hmmm, I'll add that to my "to do" list)

I just got home from an absolutely amazing visit with our son!!  

I was there for 1 week and was joined by Jane, an adoptive mom from the same creche, and Tina and her family, also adopting from the same creche.  We've been friends online for a couple of years and we finally got to meet each other IN PERSON!!  SUCH a blessing.  We were fortunate to be able to stay in the C4C guest house and had our kids with us overnights.  W, who is all boy, was surrounded by 4 girls during the week, but he enjoyed himself immensely. ;-)

I have wonderful stories and experiences to share that I hope will be an encouragement to those of you adopting, particularly for parents adopting older children of a different culture and race.  I also was able to capture some breathtaking scenery...with my smart phone, not a "real" camera, but hopefully it will be a taste of the beauty to be found in Haiti.

In the coming days I will post stories and photos, but right now I am so completely exhausted, both physically and emotionally.  I do give all praise to God for providing this wonderful opportunity to bond with our son and connect with my friends!

~TTFN

Go HERE to read the full details of trip #3!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can join our journey by posting a comment or question. Please join in!