Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Renewing Passports


Ten years ago when Eric and I applied for our first passports to adopt our first child, a daughter from China, we never guessed literally how far those passports would take us...to China--Taiwan--several trips to Haiti--and maybe elsewhere in the future...

Today we visited our local FedEx-Kinkos and got new photos taken.  I NEVER liked my original passport image.  I've always thought I looked a little goofy and spacey and my eyes seem to focus on some point far above and off to the side of the camera.  Not to mention, my hair was long and curly in that original photo, but for many years now I've worn my hair very short and straight.  Maybe now the immigration officials and airport security won't have to scrutinize my face to see if I'm really Me? Woohoo!! ;-)

FYI...for those of you who need to renew your passports this year, I suggest you get started ASAP.  I recently read a State Department online notice that explained they expect a much larger than usual amount of applicants this year, which could greatly extend the processing times.  

am hoping we have a quick turnaround.  It seems like many of the steps in our adoption have been lengthy.  It would be nice for something to be Fast!  I also feel a little nervous mailing off our original passports and having them out of our hands for a few weeks.  I know,,it is standard procedure.,,but still..  I'll let ya know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can join our journey by posting a comment or question. Please join in!