Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Pen Pals

Sometimes I feel like Wisly and I are pen pals!  Well, not in the traditional sense, but definitely via the blessing of social media!

Last week we had the very unexpected surprise to hear Wisly's voice--live!  I was working in the kitchen when I heard an odd alert eminating from my phone.  When I finally located the sound, I discovered I was getting a voice call via Facebook messenger.  A dear individual visiting at the crèche called me with Wisly!

Now the connection was really rough and most of the conversation was "Can you hear me now??" but nonetheless precious.  Wisly tried to tell me about his day at school, but I didn't catch much.  One thing I DID hear was, "Mom, I MISS you!"

Oh, sweetie, mama feels exactly the same way.

Then today on Facebook, the director of the crèche who is currently in Haiti with a miasion team responded to a picture of our boy that I posted ony timeline.  She wrote, "That boy tells everyone who will listen all about his family in Tennessee. Today he told EVERY single person on the team all about you. So sweet."

Ahhhh.  Love him.

Thank you, Lord, for these precious gifts of connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can join our journey by posting a comment or question. Please join in!