Tuesday, April 26, 2016

TOT(T): Dear Christ-Followers

This post below is actually something I shared with my friends on Facebook yesterday morning.  From the moment I woke, these thoughts were firmly on my mind and in my heart.  I felt compelled to share.  I knew the Holy Spirit was nudging me gently (or maybe firmly?) to share what He had laid on my heart.  So here you go, blog world!

Christ-followers...my heart is disturbed and heavy today. Our society is in a moral mess. We could make it a better place, but too often we get emotionally caught up in whatever is the Current Political Debate,,,and have forgotten to seek God in how to respond, or even how/what to believe...
We live in this broken world and are surrounded by its ungodly influences. Yet, I think we Christians tend to become complacent, and before we even know it, worldly points of view have influenced us. The world has changed our hearts and minds, and we are completely unaware. frown emoticon
We assume, "I'm a Christian! Of course, what I think or feel about current events/politics/situations around me MUST come from God, right?"
Oh dear friends!
If we are not daily asking God to transform our minds (to have the mind of Christ), if we are not daily asking God to give us HIS wisdom (not wisdom as the world gives),,,then we need to check, double check, and check again with God's Word and the leading of the Holy Spirit:
"Is my heart and mind fully aligned with You, Lord? Do my beliefs (and subsequent actions) fall in line with Your plan?"
Because we Christians fail at times to seek out God's Thoughts about current events, we have unwittingly helped to further ungodly causes! Worldly Wisdom has crept in and influenced what we think,,,and how we respond. frown emoticon
Friends, please know, this post today comes from my heart. heart emoticon
My tears fall as I write this, because we Christ-followers are charged with such an important calling...to make DISCIPLES of those all around us...to help others grow and become the very Image of Christ in this world, shining the light and exposing darkness, so God can come bring restoration and healing!! smile emoticon
If we find ourselves being more passionate about fighting in some "political" battle, or fighting "the system" than about helping to transform people's hearts and minds for Christ,,,then maybe we have forgotten our real job and purpose here on earth---to make this broken place a little more like the Kingdom of God!! smile emoticon
My friends, if this post encourages you to daily seek more of God's wisdom, then praise Him! If this post causes you to become quiet and reflective, then awesome!
On the other hand, if reading these words really irk you and you'd like to shout a bit, that's okay too, cuz you're not actually upset with me. Think about it... smile emoticon
Lord, lead me in Your ways today!
James 1:5 & Romans 12:2 & Matthew 28:16-20

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can join our journey by posting a comment or question. Please join in!