Monday, June 27, 2016

Yard Sale Fundraiser...Success!!

A couple weeks ago we had our last BIG adoption fundraiser...a multi family Yard Sale at our church!  We collected donated items for months, literally, because we had such a difficult time finding a Saturday when my husband and I would both be in town and when people would be available to help.  We settled on Father's Day weekend.  It turned out to be a great day!  (see photos below)

We had several AMAZING helpers who helped organize, price and set up inside the church on Thursday and Friday,,,including several ladies who baked yummy desserts for the Bake Sale portion of the event.  Saturday morning we were there before 6:30am pulling tables and large items outside.  At 6:45am, we had serious shoppers lined up.  Eeeek!!

One of our Yard Sale signs we placed on street corners
The sale went until 3pm and then at 4pm, the guys from Providence Ministries in Dalton, TN arrived with their large moving truck.  We had had SO MANY items donated, that with the "leftovers", we filled up their truck--wow!!

The highlight of the day for me was when my 74 year old dad disappeared for a couple hours and returned to report, "I've been Sign Spinning with one of your yard sale signs!!  Did it help??" 

OH.MY.WORD.  I wish wish WISH I had a photo of THAT!!!  My poor dad was in blue jeans (he's a proper Northern Gentleman in the South who never ever wears shorts or removes his shirt) and a white children's sailor cap (he's a bit thin on top!) to protect him from the sun! lol

And actually it DID help!  

I love my Daddy...and my sweet mom, too, who helped greatly on the inside of the building, out of the sun. :-)

A HUGE thank you to my dear hubby, my girls (who were so very patient all day) and all the friends from church who made the day a big success.  

When you add up sales, donations (and a few IOU's)...we raised approximately $1250!!  Nearly enough for our final creche payment and visa fees!!  Thank you, Lord Jesus!!

Enjoy the photos from Friday when we were setting up:

Our sweet Noelle made this poster to display at the sale


Never hurts to put out a donation jar, right? :)  We had quite a few people add to the jar after they paid for their items!



Silly Noelle found a crazy hat and crazy glasses to model!






















Love our church family in Chattanooga!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can join our journey by posting a comment or question. Please join in!