Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Oh! Oh! Oh!


As I write this post, I am listening to my all time favorite testimony song, "In Christ Alone".  I am filled with deep emotion...

Dear Heavenly Father, oh Lord Jesus!
Thank you for your great abiding love for the orphan.  Your eye is on the sparrow, and HOW MUCH MORE is it on the lonely child!
Oh how You love each one of us!  My tears fall as I think of the tremendous sacrifice You made for all people...for Me!  You died and rose again to fulfill the Father's perfect plan of ADOPTION!

I became Your child at the age of 7.  I am yours still,,,forever and always.

W is 7 years old.  May he learn soon to trust in Your love.  Oh Jesus, may Eric and I be faithful and wise to faithfully live out and teach your ways to W, to Noelle, to Selah.  May they see Your  love in us and embrace YOU.

Oh friends!  The past 18 hours has brought much hopeful and encouraging adoption news!  (i will share details in the next post)  Whatever happens, I know my loving Father is lovingly caring and guiding me and my family.  My precious Jesus lives and reigns in my heart and makes me sing! :-)

Please read these lyrics...go to a quite place first...and let the words soak in and drench your spirit.  Oh! Oh! Oh!

"In Christ Alone"
…In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand

…In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless Babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live, I live

…There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sins curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

…No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From a lifes first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny

No power of hell, no scheme of man
Could ever pluck me from His hand
Til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I stand

To listen, click here.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I love that song! One of my favorite praise songs! God is so good! Glad to hear you are getting closer to your sweet W.! :-)

    ReplyDelete

You can join our journey by posting a comment or question. Please join in!