Wednesday, January 21, 2015

We Are Getting So Close!...

Eric and I have had big smiles on our faces ever since our adoption agency coordinator told us that the mayor signed W's adoption file.  Such a huge hurdle crossed!  We can now actually see ourselves going to Haiti!

I asked her what were the exact next steps for his file to be ready to be matched to us.  More specifically, did anyone else need to sign his file for it to be finito?  Our adoptive parent file (dossier) has been complete and waiting in IBESR for some time.  But W's file has to be 100% finished before he can be matched to us.

Well, we received this wonderful news from our coordinator via email this evening:

So I got an up-date for you and from what I understand everything is done on W’s case and he is approved for adoption, everything is done on your case and you are approved to adopt.  All that is left is the final approval of your family to adopt W [specifically] and then the official referral match can be made.  {yipeeeee!!}  I have asked my [Haiti] rep to check on your case whenever he is at IBESR (which is nearly daily) and see if he can find out where they are with that approval and the making of the match.  I honestly don’t think it will be too long... {eeeek!!!} Praying you get good news soon!

So what happens at THAT wondrous, momentous occasion when The Referral is ready?  Great question!  Here is how our agency coordinator explains the process:

What happens when you get your referral is this:  My rep in Haiti will be contacted and he will go to IBESR and pick up the referral packet with all the info on your son.  It will all be in French, he will scan it to me, I will email you the packet and a big congratulations saying you have your referral!  I will send the referral info to the translator so she can translate it.  I will also send all the info to our director of social work and then he will give you a call and go over all the referral information with you. You will then write a letter and sign / notarize it and say that you are ready to accept your referral.  You will scan it to me [within 10 days] and I will send it to my Haiti rep and he will take it to IBESR.  During this time you will plan your two week [socialization] trip to Haiti.  We will then send your travel dates to IBESR and W’s crèche.

People, I have been pricing flights to Haiti!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can join our journey by posting a comment or question. Please join in!